MBLT is a conference intended for networking and collaboration in the mobile community.
We value the participation of each member of the mobile community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the conference and at all conference events.
To make clear what is expected, all staff, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers, and volunteers at the MBLT conference are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
MBLT is dedicated to providing a positive conference experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, or religion (or lack thereof), education, or socio-economic status.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Being kind to others.
- Behaving professionally.
- Using welcoming and inclusive language.
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism.
- Focusing on what is best for the community.
- Showing empathy towards other community members.
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Harassment of conference participants in any form.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Violent threats or language directed against another person.
- Sexual language and imagery in any conference venue, including talks.
- Insults or put-downs.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes.
- Excessive swearing.
- Unwelcome sexual attention or advances.
- Unwelcome physical contact.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Other conduct that is inappropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this Code of Conduct, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all.
All MBLT attendees are subject to the Code of Conduct. This includes MBLT staff and volunteers, as well as attendees of all the events related to the conference.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths or similar activities are also subject to the Code of Conduct. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If you believe that someone is violating the code of conduct during the MBLT conference, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately.
MBLT Incident Report Contact:
In case of a conflict of interest, you can individually contact:
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist any attendee to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.